With every stage of Shawn's development I think, I LOVE this stage the best! I LOVE this stage that Shawn is in, I LOVE the conversations we have, I LOVE his two-year-old logic, I LOVE his two-year-old innocence and I LOVE his two-year-old honesty! Here ae a few conversations we've had lately...
After leaving the Disney on Ice show:
Grandma: Shawn what was your favorite part of the show?
Shawn: When we got to go home.
Granmda: What was your second favorite part of the show?
Shawn: When the boni truck (Zamboni) drove on the ice.
I could've saved $65 dollars and taken him to the ice palace to watch them smoothe the ice for free!
As I was trying to get him to sleep one night:
Shawn: Where my best-friend go?
Mommy: I don't know, who's your best friend?
Shawn: Daddy my best-friend.
Mommy: Daddy went to take your slide to Aunt Debbie's house.
Shawn: I want my best-friend to come home.
Mommy: What about Mommy, can I be your best-friend?
Shawn: No, daddy is my best-friend. You're JUST my mommy.
Last week when I dropped Shawn off at school his teacher said he's been skipping his naps. When he doesn't take a nap they let him hang out with all the teachers during their break so he doesn't bother the rest of the kids in the class. No wonder he doesn't want to nap, he's the center of attention for at least 5 teachers! His teacher reported these conversations:
Ms. Crystal: Shawn, who's your favorite teacher?
Shawn: (pointing) I like you, you, not you, and I like you. (The not you was to his current classroom teacher Ms. Velia).
Ms. Vellia: Shawn, you don't like me? That makes me sad.
Shawn: No, Ms. Velia I don't like you, I LOVE you!
Another conversation at school:
Shawn: Ms. Systal (Crystal), Jesus loves me!
Ms. Crystal: That's right he does. And do you know what? Jesus loves me too.
Shawn: No. Jesus love children, you a big person. (proceeds to sing) Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. There's no grown-ups in the song. Jesus loves children not big people.
And I'll throw in a conversation I had with my six-year-old neice a while back just because it's too funny to forget:
Jayme: I'm not looking forward to going back to school.
Ariel: Well, my mom already finished her college (with a little attitude in her voice as only Ariel can do).
Jayme: I already finished school too.
Ariel: Well, my mom finished college. Did you even go to college?
Jayme: (for some reason feeling competitive with a six-year-old) Well, I already finished college twice.
Ariel: (not missing a beat in the conversation) Well, my mom must be really smart because she only had to go to college once!
Jayme: (nothing left to say, what do you say to that logic?)
I think I was out smarted by a six-year-old!


Those are hilarious!! Ariel totally thinks you're a moron! LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteLove these =) Can't believe how funny they can be without even knowing it!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I must agree I love it when they start to have conversations and you know what they are thinking. You are right, kids are so innocent and of course honest. Destiny:)
ReplyDeletesweet little mouth on her, look sweeter with my load dripping from it
ReplyDelete