Shawn
We had a chance to go to the rodeo a few weeks back with my mom, grandma, and aunts. There were 5 adults and 4 kids, but we still had a time of it trying to keep up with the little one’s. Shawn, Ethan (nephew), Zoe (niece) and Ariel (niece) all had a great time.
The kids were all ready to go in their rodeo gear.
Zoe Ariel
Which really meant all the kids passing around Shawn’s cowboy hat. I couldn’t get a picture of Ethan in the cowboy hat because he refused to wear it (Surprise, surprise.).
Once inside the rodeo there was lots for the kids to do. The part the kids loved the best was the HEB Outdoor Event and the Petting Zoo.
And do lots of cool activities.
Like shoot an air gun that shot out plastic water bottles,
and a fishing game, which Shawn LOVED!
There were big puzzles and a giant rocking horse for the kids to ride.
.
Now it was on to the Petting Zoo, which was by far Ethan’s favorite! I think he’s going to be a Vet when he grows up.
The boys were a little confused because my aunt has horses and they are used to feeding the horses hay. None of the animals at the petting zoo wanted hay they wanted the little food pellets. It was funny watching Shawn and Ethan chase around the animals with handfuls of hay trying to get them to eat it.
They finally gave up and gave the animals the food pellets. I was very impressed that all four kids weren't afraid to let the animals eat right out of their hands!
As we were getting ready to leave the rodeo Shawn found something that he had been asking for since we bought his cowboy hat last year at the rodeo… Cowboy boots! We haven’t been able to find any to fit him because his little foot is so wide but these boots zipped on the side. We couldn’t resist him and Shawn hasn’t worn any other shoe since then!
He wears the boots with EVERYTHING… and yes, I mean EVERYTHING. It’s amazing that I’ve convinced him he doesn’t need to wear shoes with his pajamas!
He wears them with sweat pants…
With Shorts… sorry I don’t have a picture of that one :(
And my favorite… with nothing but a t-shirt and a pull-up!
I think we’re going to wear these boots on in no time. I should’ve bought two pairs because he’s going to be heart broken when they’re so ratty he can’t wear them anymore!





This is my first post with pictures and this layout thing is really hard! Do any of y'all have tips on how to make it easier?
ReplyDeleteSorry I don't have any layout tips, but had to say the pictures are adorable! My nephew fell in love with his boots and used to even wear them with his swim trunks:-)
ReplyDelete-Tara
www.richfamilyblessings.blogspot.com
I don't do the wrap-around text thing because I never know how it's going to come out. You can see on my blog that my pictures are sometimes centered, sometimes not. I have no idea why. I think I have to manually set it to center every time before I add a picture.
ReplyDeleteLove the boots and t-shirt picture!!!