A co-worker/friend and I went to join a gym on Tuesday. We’ll call her Laura to protect the innocent. Laura and I went with the intentions of signing up and getting in a quick work out. We found a gym (Planet Fitness) within 10 minutes of work and costs $10 a month. We needed something close that we could go to during our lunch hour because we’re both working mom’s with NO time after work.
Now the interesting part about all this is that I detest sweating and all things that may result in becoming sweaty… like working out. I’m not lazy; I just don’t like to sweat. It’s the most disgusting feeling in the whole world to be sweaty! (I think you get the picture about how much I dislike working out) We made it to the gym and signed up. We looked around at all the other people working out and toured the facility. After our tour, we realized we were not prepared to work out that day because we didn’t have locks for a locker and Laura didn’t have a towel.
We decided a good use of our time would be to go to the store to buy a lock and a bath sheet. We discovered on our tour that the dressing rooms are across the way from the showers, and I really don’t want anyone to see me naked (least of all someone that also has to see me everyday at work) so bath sheets were definitely a necessity.
We did get a good workout walking around Wal-Mart, who would have guessed the locks were in the hardware department and not the school supply section? As of now, we’re planning on going to the gym on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s during lunch. We’ll see how it goes today… I haven’t worked out in like six years! It’s a new journey, but I'm armed with an IPOD full of motivating work out music courtesy of the Biggest Loser Workout Mix, Adam Lambert, and a few others. I’ve made it this far with the weight loss and lifestyle change I may as well go full steam ahead. Wish me luck.


I love the story but missed the part where after said trip to Wal-Mart, you asked Laura, “You are going to wash that towel before using it right? You do know the Wal-Mart people touched them."
ReplyDeleteAll joking aside Laura and you will do great and feel great going to the gym. It is a wise choice for you and all your co-workers:)
Destiny
I intentionally left out the Wal-Mart people comment because it sounded too judgmental. The comment would've been the same regardless of the store. But thanks for bringing it up anyway, Destiny.
ReplyDelete