So yesterday, Shawn put a bottle cap in his mouth. I know, toddlers and bottle caps don’t mix. I didn’t think anything about it because Shawn was never one to put things in his mouth, who knew he would start this habit as a toddler?
Anyway, I learned my lesson… no more bottle caps. I promptly told him to take the bottle cap out of his mouth and explained all of the reasons why it was very dangerous to put bottle caps in your mouth. When I was done with the lecture, I decided to test his comprehension, so I asked him, “Now tell me what mommy just said.”
His reply….
“ROAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR (in his best T-rex impression)!”
Lesson learned #1- Don’t give bottle caps to two-year-olds.
Lesson learned #2- I must sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown, if she was a dinosaur.


This is hilarious Jayme! I must remember this when I lecture Tommy! "wah wah wah wah waah" (isnt that what the adults on Charlie Brown sounded like?)
ReplyDelete