That boy needs a new mommy-
We were at the grocery store a few weeks ago and Shawn noticed a little boy crying and his mother telling him to “Shut Up!” Our conversation went like this:
o Shawn- “That mommy is not nice!”
o Mommy- “That’s right, it’s not nice to say shut up. That hurts people's feelings.”
o Shawn- “That boy needs a new mommy. Maybe you can be his new mommy. You always nice.”
I need a new ear-
o Shawn- “Mommy, my ear hurts.”
o Mommy- “I’m sorry that your ear hurts, where does it hurt?”
o Shawn- “It’s not you fault my ear hurts. I just need a new ear, this one is broken. Can we go to the ear store?”
o Mommy- “You can’t buy a new ear; we have to fix the one you have. Maybe you need to go to the doctor.”
o Shawn- “But my Spiderman truck broke and we went to the store and got a new one.”
o Mommy- “I know, but trucks aren’t alive like you and your ear.”
o Shawn- “But my ear is broken and I need a new one.”
You a great mommy-
On mother’s day this year we had my mom, grandma, sister, and aunts over to my house for a BBQ. Shawn wanted to go play outside but needed a grown-up to go with him:
o Shawn- “Grandma, let’s go outside (to my grandma).”
o Mommy- “Shawn, that’s GG, not grandma.”
o Shawn- “No, that’s GREAT grandma. Like you a GREAT mommy!”
o Grandma (my mom) - “What about me, am I GREAT grandma?”
o Shawn- “No, you just a regular grandma. GG’s a GREAT grandma!”
You never know what they're going to say!


No comments:
Post a Comment