This blog is going to be all about The Lyon's and our journey through life. I am a working mother (unfortunately)of a very very vibrant two-year-old who is full of life and wonderment. I enjoy watching him experience the world for the first time. Hopefully this blog will chronicle our life together as a family. I also hope to share some funny stories (most about Shawn), some yummy recipes and and some very real thoughts and feelings about life with all of our friends and family.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Weight Watchers
So, Jacin and I want to have another baby. But as many of you know I had some pretty serious complications with Shawn. I had gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. The doctor's don't necessarily think it was weight related because many people that are a healthy weight have the same issues but they agree that starting out at a healthy weight would reduce the liklihood of these occuring again. So I joined weight wathchers in early November. I wasn't optimistic about it because "diets" don't work for me. I don't know why but I've never been successful on a "diet." But here I am three months into it and I've lost 23 pounds! I'm loving it. I'm feeling better and feeling better about myself. Next week I'm going to try to add exercise to the regime. We'll see how this goes because I HATE going to the gym and getting all sweaty and gross. YUCK! But I'm kind of motivated now that I see the scale going in a direction that doesn't make me cringe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


YEAH! Looking forward to keeping up with the Lyon's Den (I love the name=)~) Just wanted to say I'm proud of you! I love weight watchers and am back to counting my points more carefully. You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great on WW and I am very proud of you for now going to the gym. I fully endorse it as I firmly believe it has kept me from killing someone at work. :)
ReplyDelete